Flickers, Popcorn, and Dark Halls

Friday, January 12, 2007

... AND FORWARDS

And like any year, 2007 is filled with so much anticipated movies, but here’s what I’ve shortlisted for myself, though not in any order

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix – Little Harry is all grown up in this fifth film, if the trailer is anything to go by. Personally, this book was the least favourite of the 6 so far, but who can miss a HP movie. I would have preferred to have Alfonso Cuaron come back for this one, but you can’t win everything. Oh I can almost feel that John Williams theme song building up the excitement…

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End – One of the things that I appreciated in POTC was that it was a completely original creation. It wasn’t based on a book, not a sequel, and not a remake. This trilogy will be complete this year, and we’ll miss Jack.

Spiderman 3 – I was personally not a big Spidey fan, because even though I liked the first two films, they didn’t exactly break any mould on the superhero genre, unlike the brilliant Batman Begins. Spidey 3’s trailer looks very promising though, with three villains. But more than that, Peter has to face the biggest problem of all – the significant other to Mary Jane named Gwen Stacy. Poor guy, he would’ve preferred another villain.

Ratatouille – I don’t even know what this movie is about. All I know is that Pixar is creating it. That should be enough.

Simpsons: The Movie – My most favourite TV sitcom is coming to the big screen, it’s been a long wait! As it is I laugh till my throat hurts at home, wonder what’s going to happen in the theatre. D’oh!

Sholay – I am a big fan of the original Sholay, which has become something like an icon of Indian pop culture as a whole. I have some reservations as to how Ram Gopal Varma would do justice to this cult classic, but I hope it’s good, no, bloody brilliant… for his sake. Amitabh as Gabbar – now that’s called a casting coup.

Lajjo – Mani Ratnam and Aamir Khan??!! What are we waiting for??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home